Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Here in Chile we are just kinda passing over Thanksgiving and are heading into Christmas. I get to spend Christmas with HERMANA GARCES!! She rocks. She is 20 and from American Fork, Utah. It is super fun that we are both gringas because now people can not use the excuse that they can not understand me and turn to my Latina comp. People say it half the time to just bug us but when they turn to my comp now they get the same gringa acento. Whoops! 

With the cambios of comps I am realizing that I know a lot more Spanish than I thought I did and not only that but in the Chilean way. I cut my S's and use the word "po" for no good reason just like them. But I love it! It is not "mas o menos no mas" but "ma o meno no ma".

Hermana Garces and I have already gotten so good at passing the food that we can not finish under the table to each other. I usually get the ice cream which is no problem for me. The hard part of passing food secretly is not the passing but just not laughing or hiding a smile.

Familias Completo!
We got special permission this week to go teach an investigator se llama Francisco. We needed special permission because he lives just steps outside of our sector. His brother goes to our ward and his father in law was Raul! The very first baptism I was blessed to participate in! I have fallen in love with this family. We reactivated one of his other sisters and her family of the 2 twin little boys who we taught how to say their first prayers. I am so excited to see where this week goes! 

Enjoy the Holidays and stay warm :)

Hermana Lance 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Dos gringas in the same companionship! Is that kind of like the blind leading the blind? Po! You both will certainly get a lot of attention. Hope your new investigator responds to your testimonies and not just to your pretty faces. Love you.

    ReplyDelete